Saturday, September 11, 2010

Standing in the light of your halo

Today my dear friend is being buried, under the same sky, but many miles away. I am so sad to not be with her beautiful family, to not be able to hug her gorgeous children, that have already, in their short lives, been through so much. I am glad that she is no longer suffering, as over a year of cancer treatments only wreaks havoc on the body, mind and soul.  But I still can't get past how I will never hear her laugh again or see her wonderful smile. She was truly a blessing for me and although younger, taught me a great deal about life. She was such a strong woman - never complained or sought sympathies, never had a negative word to say, but always talked about how she would fight it. And she fought right to the very end. 


Flo, you will be missed dearly and remembered in my heart forever. I will always smile when I see Ralph Lauren anything, laugh when I see the Smurfs, think about "stupid dogs" stealing underwear, wonder who John Cena is, and forever cry when I see fireworks "because they are so beautiful."  


Je t'aime, mon ami. Mon coeur est lourd. Je vous manquerai.

Ben, Flo and me in their backyard while she was an exchange student here in 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment